What could be a better combination than roses and cupcakes! Try out the recipe for these floral-infused cupcakes.
Makes approx. 20 cupcakes
80g unsalted butter (softened)
280g caster sugar
240g plain flour
1T baking powder
240ml whole milk
2 large eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a cupcake tin with cupcake holders.
- Whisk butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt on a low speed until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- By hand whisk the rosewater, milk and eggs together. Then mix the milk mixture with the dry mixture until the mixture is smooth.
- Fill the cupcake holders to 3/4 per holder with the mixture. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
ROSEWATER ICING INGREDIENTS
500g icing sugar
160g unsalted butter (softened)
- Combine the butter and icing sugar using an electric whisk or mixer. The mixture will initially be quite powdery.
- Mix the rosewater with milk and while the butter and icing sugar are being mixed pour in the milk mixture.
- Mix until light and fluffy. Add a dash of pink food colouring gel.
- Ice the cupcakes nice and thick!